Monday, October 6, 2008

Movin on Up

Warning: This post is being typed on a French keyboard, so I apologize in advance for the grammar and/or spelling mistakes! After much thought and discussion with my boss in Peace Corps, I have decided to move from the village I was placed in to a bigger town nearby. We are not supposed to say exactly where we live, but lets just say that now I have electricity and a water source that isnt 2k away! There were a lot of factors in my decision to move, but the main problem was language. It turns out that the people in village dont speak as much Bambara as we were told, and as it is not a written language, it would be difficult for me to even learn it. On top of that, I wasnt really thrilled that I would then be trying to learn three new languages at the same time! I am still going to do some work in this village (I will probably ride my bike out once a week or so) but the rest of my time will be spent on projects here in the city. I am really looking forwrd to it because it seems like there will be a lot for me to get involved with here. Im running out of internet time, but I just wanted to post a quick update to let everyone know about the move, and hopefully next week I will be able to post more about what Ive been up to!

3 comments:

Marra Alane said...

Yay electricity! It may be a controversial stance, but I'm pro-light.

Also, I miss you so much! It's terrible here without you.

Anonymous said...

YAYY!!! You're alive!!! I'm very happy that you'll be living the high life now. I miss you terribly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelby said...

I too am pro-light. But I'm against water, so...yeah.