Thursday, August 7, 2008

Technology Hates Me

So an unfortunate incident occured yesterday...the death of my trusty computer. I think that the battery has simply died, and cannot be recharged so this post is going to be short as the computer's at the training center are rather frustrating to type on. Saturday I leave for my site visit! I have a 10-13 hour bus, taxi, and finally bike ride from the capitol to my site, so I am pretty sure this is going to be quite an adventure! My counterpart is going to be with me, and I am hoping that between French and Bambara we will be able to make it to site! I will be at my actual site for a few days meeting the chief, seeing the clinic where I will work, and hopefully seeing my house! Then I will be in my banking town to set up my account and finally the regional capitol to meet some of the current PCVs before heading back to Bamako. All in all it should be an eventful week, and I will do my best to write all about site when I get back! Until then, I am giving up on this keyboard and going to take a shower (not bucket bath yay!) before bed.

2 comments:

Tough Cookie said...

Ahhh what timing! I'm so sorry your computer crapped out on you! Unfair! But I am so happy you were able to update us anyway. Missing you! xoxoxo

Tough Cookie said...

Stacy, I had a dream that you called me last night from Africa! I was so bummed when I woke up and realized it wasn't true :-( I really miss you! I hope you are taking Mali by storm!